Wet Lab Resources
- A Guide to Statistical Analysis in Microbial Ecology (Pier Luigi Buttigieg, Alban Ramette ) and its website GUSTA ME
- Numerical Ecology with R (Daniel Borcard, François Gillet, Pierre Legendre) and its online resources
- DADA2 (High-resolution sample inference from Illumina amplicon data) and its GitHub page and tutorials
- QIIME (canonically pronounced chime, stands for Quantitative Insights Into Microbial Ecology) and An Introduction To Applied Bioinformatics
- PICRUSt (phylogenetic investigation of communities by reconstruction of unobserved states) and its GitHub page
- R package "phyloseq" and its demo workflow and tutorials
- R package "vegan"
- R package "ggplot2"
- R package "MALDIquant"
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Programming for Biology 2017 GitHub
- FlowingData, Nathan Yau's website for data visualization
Writing and Presentation Resources
- Writing Science: How to write papers that get cited and proposals that get funded (Joshua Schimel)
- MIT BE CommKit (a collection of guides to scientific communication by MIT's Department of Biological Engineering Communication Fellows)
- Designing Effective Scientific Presentations by Susan McConnell
- The Secret Structure of Great Talks TEDxEast by Nancy Duarte
- Boosting the Signal in Scientific Talks Nature Career Column by Scott St. George and Michael White