Googel Scholar: goo.gl/jQiUt8
Selected Publications [*corresponding author; †equal contributor; #student supervised (undergrad underlined)]
- Geomicrobiology & Biogeochemistry
- Dunham-Cheatham S, You Y†*. General Geochemistry and Microbiology Techniques. In Analytical Geomicrobiology: A Handbook of Instrumental Techniques, JPL Kenney, H Veeramani & DS Alessi (eds), Cambridge University Press, 2019. ISBN:9781107070332.
- Aho K, You Y*, Lohse KA, Schwabedissen SG, Ledbetter RN, Magnuson TS. Biological soil crust bacterial communities and concomitant N-cycling traits vary along climatic and shrub cover gradients within a sagebrush steppe ecosystem. Revision submitted 2020.
- Kerner P#, Saxton W#, Herup-Wheeler T#, Karmacharya P#, Long L#, Hill S, et al. Stream microbial community structure and function across an urban gradient in the Lower Portneuf River watershed. In preparation.
Covered by Idaho State Journal: https://www.idahostatejournal.com/community/isu-has-record-student-representation-at-idaho-conference-on-undergraduate/article_b79f39c3-b8df-582b-9e17-783382239619.html
- Sustainable Food-Energy-Water nexus
- Struhs E#, Mirkouei A, You Y, Mohajeri A. Techno-economic and environmental assessments for nutrient-rich biochar production from cattle manure: A case study in Idaho, USA. Applied Energy 2020, 279, 115782. DOI:10.1016/j.apenergy.2020.115782.
- Hersh B, Mirkouei A, Sessions J, Rezaie B, You Y. A review and future directions on enhancing sustainability benefits across food-energy-water systems: The potential role of biochar-derived products. AIMS Environmental Science 2019, 6(5): 379-416. DOI:10.3934/environsci.2019.5.379.
- Environmental fate of engineered nanomaterials
- Wu F, You Y, Werner D, Jiao S, Hu J, Zhang X, et al. Carbon nanomaterials affect carbon cycle-related functions of the soil microbial community and the coupling of nutrient cycles. Journal of Hazardous Materials 2020, 390, 122144. DOI:10.1016/j.jhazmat.2020.122144.
- Wu F, You Y, Zhang X, Zhang H, Chen W, Yang Y, et al. Effects of various carbon nanotubes on soil bacterial community composition and structure. Environmental Science & Technology 2019, 53(10), 5707-5716. DOI:10.1021/acs.est.8b06909.
- Das KK#, You Y*, Torres M, Barrios-Masias F, Wang X, Tao S, et al. Development and application of a digestion-Raman analysis approach for studying multiwalled carbon nanotube uptake in lettuce. Environmental Science: Nano 2018, 5, 659-668. DOI:10.1039/C7EN01047H.
Covered by NEVADAToday: https://www.unr.edu/nevada-today/news/2018/carbon-nanotubes-in-environment
Featured on the Back Cover of the journal
Best Papers 2018 – Environmental Science: Nano
- You Y*, Das KK#, Guo H, Chang C-W, Navas-Moreno M, Chan J, et al. Microbial transformation of multiwalled carbon nanotubes by Mycobacterium vanbaalenii PYR-1. Environmental Science & Technology 2017, 51(4), 2068-2076. DOI:10.1021/acs.est.6b04523.
- You Y*, Angermann JE, Kim S-J, Kweon O, Cerniglia CE, Yang Y. Molecular mechanisms of biodegradation of carbon nanotubes by Mycobacterium vanbaalenii PYR-1. In preparation.
- Environmental expansion of antibiotic resistome
- You Y, Song L, Nonyane BAS, Price LB, Silbergeld EK. Genomic differences between nasal Staphylococcus aureus from hog slaughterhouse workers and their communities. PLoS ONE 2018, 13(3), e0193820. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0193820.
- You Y, Silbergeld EK. Learning from agriculture: understanding low-dose antimicrobials as drivers of resistome expansion. Frontiers in Microbiology 2014, 5, 284. DOI:10.3389/fmicb.2014.00284.
- You Y*, Hilpert M, Ward WJ. Identification of Tet45, a tetracycline efflux pump, from a poultry-litter exposed soil isolated and persistence of tet(45) in the soil. Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy 2013, 68(9), 1962-1969. DOI:10.1093/jac/dkt127.
- You Y*, Hilpert M, Ward WJ. Detection of a common and persistent tet(L)-carrying plasmid in chicken-waste-impacted farm soil. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 2012, 78(9), 3203-3213. DOI:10.1128/AEM.07763-11.
- Environmental health and pathogen exposure
- Richter TS, Hazen TH, Lam D, Coles CL, Seidman JC, You Y, et al. Temporal variability of Escherichia coli diversity in the gastrointestinal tracts of Tanzanian children with and without exposure to antibiotics. mSphere 2018, 3(6): e00558-18. DOI:10.1128/mSphere.00558-18.
Editor's Pick by PLoS Channels Antibiotic Resistance: https://channels.plos.org/amr
- You Y, Leahy K, Resnick C, Howard T, Carroll KC, Silbergeld EK. Exposure to pathogens among workers in a poultry slaughter and processing plant. American Journal of Industrial Medicine 2016, 59(6), 453-464. DOI:10.1002/ajim.22594.
- Neyra RC, Frisancho JA, Resnick C, Carroll KC, Rinsky JL, You Y, et al. Multidrug-resistant and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) in hog slaughter and processing plant workers and their community in North Carolina (USA). Environmental Health Perspectives 2014, 122(5), 471-477. DOI:10.1289/ehp.1306741.
- You Y, Price LB, Silbergeld EK. ST398 Staphylococcus aureus in hog slaughterhouse workers. In preparation.
- Biotechnology for water resource recovery facility
- Lin L#, You Y, Pagilla K. Density-based separation of microbial functional groups in activated sludge. Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 2020, 17(1), 376. DOI:10.3390/ijerph17010376.
- Lin L#, You Y, Pagilla K. 16S metagenomic analysis of density-based enrichment of microbial functional groups in activated sludge. In preparation.